viernes, 13 de noviembre de 2009

The Lament of the Slaves ("El Lamento de los Esclavos" translated)

Lucas:
Look around you, Paul
This huge ship you're travelling on
Does it move by itself to the next town?
Or does it move because its sails are wide open?

You want to arrive to Rome soon, I know...

Paul:
Lucas, Christ has never abandoned me ...

Lucas:
"I'm the way and the truth and the life"
Paul, let destiny rest in his hands

It's so easy to lose the way, Paul
among this storm
Believe in the stars,
like the captain does.

Believe in her,
Call upon the star of the sea
Call upon her, full of grace,
When all alone, remember Mary

Believe in her,
Call upon the star of the sea
Call upon the mother of Christ Jesus
The mother you received by the cross

Paul:
Have you seen her?
Wonder what she looks like...
Whether it's true what they've told.
A heavenly sight in her eyes,
That's what Peter told me.

Slaves:
Mmmmm...
Bearing sorrow and pain,
Yet silence is my only choice.

Mmmmm...
This chains, I can't bear them anymore!
How much longer shall I hold on?

Mmmmm...
Oh, pain! Oh, fear!
Oh, I don't deserve this!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario